Its hard to believe I have actually been installed as Worshipful Master of the Lodge. It was such an honor to have the P.M. Degree conferred by the M.W. Bro. Jack A. Marler, Grand Master of South Carolina. To have all the Brothers from England and Scotland present meant more than I can ever say. It seems like just yesterday I was asked to affiliate with Pacific (yes, I am a member of Boyleston 123, too) Thanks to everyone! I will do my best to see that Pacific will be the best Lodge it can be and do the things we need to do to continue the tradition of excellence.
I have 5 basic goals for this coming year:
1) BROTHERLY LOVE our Lodge is a place where there should be no contention. Let Brotherly Love previal.
2) CHARITY The basis of our Order. I would like to see the Lodge work more with the M.S.A., and other Masonic charities.
3) COMMUNITY SERVICE I would like us to continue working with the Optimist Club for Multiple Sclorosis or any other worthwile cause.
4) PERPETUAL MEMBERSHIP This will be the saving force for both our Lodge and the Grand Lodge. We have adoped this program into our By-Laws and I urge EVERYONE to participate.
5) NO N.P.D.s Continuing in the footsteps of our Immediate Past Master, Bro. Edward Neeley, I dont want to have any Brother dropped from the rolls of the Lodge for non-payment of dues.
I have some big shoes to fill as there have been SO MANY wonderful Masters before me. I hope I can live up to the task. I thank you for allowing me the honor and priviledge to serve you as Master of Pacific Lodge. If I can ever be of service, PLEASE call on me.
Bosie Martin, W.M.